Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I WON A BOOK!!

I am currently freaking out. I am probably freaking out my friends right now.

The reason I'm so excited? There are two, actually. One is that I won a book in a SUPER AWESOME CONTEST from one of my favorite authors, Maria V. Snyder. My librarian aunt had me read her brilliant debut Poison Study several years ago and now I own all of her other books. All 8 of them. Soon to be nine.

This is my favorite cover, but they're all pretty awesome.

The second is that I never win things. NEVER. Sometimes I tell myself that my rooting for a team makes them lose (like this year with the Rangers...that was a sad day). But then things like this happen, or my favorite figure skaters win gold medals or something, and my faith in the universe is restored.

More Blessed Word Count: 13,962

I know that hasn't changed much recently. I'll write a bunch this weekend, I promise! And I'll write those posts about my favorite books of this year too, I promise! But first, let me shout, "I WON A BOOK!" again, because I don't think it's sufficiently sunk in for my apartment-mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment