Thursday, June 2, 2011

La Primera Semana

I´ve been in Peru almost a week! Wow! I´ve mostly learned my way around, from my house to class to the main Plaza and downtown. The bus that I take every day gets so full, especially because it´s only a little van. The drivers here can be crazy, but I remember drivers in Italy who were just as bad. Today, on my ride home, there was a fight in the middle of a busy street! Usually, I try to sit down so I can look out the window. I can mostly recognize where I am now.

What else is interesting about Cusco? Well, the food is delicious! Lots of hot tea and soups, since it´s winter. Really, it´s only cold when there´s no sun (it´s so hard to get out of my cozy bed in the mornings!). I´ve done a little tourism but no shopping yet. I feel like I should pick a few things for myself or I´ll buy everything in sight! I´m also making a list of gifts when I see things I know someone would like.

I´ve watched a lot of Peruvian TV with my family, mostly a game show and telenovelas. They are so great! The family and the shows :) I love this game show, El Ultimo Pasajero (The Last Passenger). 3 high schools are competing, I think to win an awesome prom. They have ridiculous challenges, especially with cutting hair. There´s also trivia challenges, so I´ve even been learning from it! I also like a Korean soap opera, dubbed in Spanish, called Boys over Flowers. Crazy things happen, of course! [If you didn´t know, there is a relatively large Asian, especially Japanese, population in Peru (one candidate for president is Keiko Fujimori).]

Well, that´s all I can think of. Is there anything more you want to know about my trip? I´ll try to post pictures later. Chao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment