Thursday, June 16, 2011

La Tercera Semana - Pictures Again

So yesterday I didn't feel like dealing with technology and I went to a museum instead. I have until Sunday to finish visiting all the sites on my tourist ticket, although 2 of them I've been told aren't worth the time and money it takes to get there, so I really only have 4 things left. Hopefully here are some more pictures - the Internet at the Internet cafe by my house is just as slow so I'm thinking Facebook albums will have to wait. Luckily, it only costs 1 sol, basically 30 cents, for an hour. The keyboard is really bad too, which is really annoying. But anyways, more pictures! These are the four archealogical (or however it's really spelled) sites that I visited last Saturday.


First was Tambomachay, which was a vacation/bathhouse kind of place for all the Inca nobility. It was really cool to see the water running through the whole place.


Second, and basically right across the highway, was Puka Pukara. It was an important fort and I think also a granary.


After I walked a mile or two on the side of the highway (to take some pictures of things I had seen on the way up) I got to Q'enqo. I don't remember exactly what the complex was used for, but there is an underground bit that was probably used for sacrifies.


Lastly was Sacsayhuaman. I sure hope I'm not butchering the spelling...but this picture just shows a bit of the place - it was HUGE. My camera died before I got all the way through, but I'll be back next week for Inti Raymi, the Inca festival for the Sun, part of which takes place here. I went to two more sites on Sunday, but those pictures are going to have to wait until later :)

1 comment:

  1. It's so fun seeing updates from your trip! Sounds like you are having a fabbity fab fab time. Can't wait to see you again in August, exchange stories of our adventures, and LAUGH! <3

    ReplyDelete