Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cleaning with Crickets

After being productive and cleaning out my desk, I have a large stack of recycling to take to the bin downstairs. But then a cricket (a really big one) fell from the ceiling and now I'm too afraid to get down from my bed. I have a very irrational but totally justified fear of crickets, especially when they're falling/jumping/sneaking around.

Instead of braving the floor, I'm going to regale you with some of the things I discovered while sorting through all my papers and spirals.
  1. I have managed to collect quite the assortment of paperclips over the school year
  2. I always keep receipts, just in case, but then never get around to throwing them away
  3. I keep things, thinking "Oh I'll make such and such or use this scrap paper blah blah blah" and then I just get piles of useless pieces of paper and no desire to be crafty
  4. I need more file folders. I love those things. Whatever job I end up with, I want to have a file cabinet. I'm very strange, I know :)
  5. I'm surprised by how much I can get rid of, and then I look at the giant stack of stuff I'm keeping and I feel silly. Someday, I may make an appearance on TLC's hoarding show
I'm hearing some strange noises from the other side of the room. I think that sneaky cricket is up to something.

BUT WAIT! It just crawled under my roomie's closet door! I'm free to take the recycling! Hopefully it's gone by the time she needs in her closet...

No comments:

Post a Comment