Saturday, October 26, 2013

Dar un paseo

Or, to take a walk.


As much as I love the city, sometimes it's nice to get out into nature as well. I spend a lot of time outside, of course, walking from place to place, but then I'm usually surrounded by buildings and roads and cobblestones. And while those things are all nice and beautiful and Spanish, it does get a little monotonous, going along the same streets every single day.


So on the weekends especially, I try to go somewhere new. My apartment is really close to the river, where all these pictures were taken; I've been over there twice already and it feels so refreshing to wander through all this greenery [especially when the sun makes it feel a little warmer]. Growing up in the suburbs where trees are more often found scattered across front lawns, it's enchanting to walk under a full canopy. To look around and be surrounded by things that people didn't build. Walking around places like this makes me feel like I'm in a fairy tale.


I had lunch a couple of weeks ago with the other English teachers from my school. The restaurant was a ways outside the city and after we finished eating, we took a walk down a gravel road, which was not so nice walking in flats. But we said hello to some horses, were stared at by some cows, and saw a few tiny flowers that were still clinging to the last bit of fall. Everyone has said that we're basically in winter from now until March or April. I believe that at night - I never want to get out of my warm bed in the mornings. It doesn't help that it's still super dark when I have to wake up, even at 8 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment