Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wedding and Skating

While I'm not crazy enough to wake up at 5 in the morning, the first thing I did when I got up was watch the Royal wedding. I cried a little at the end. And then went back to rewatch the first 10 minutes because I had to look up the name of the first hymn. Even if you don't care about the wedding, you should listen to the music. It was FABULOUS! As was Kate's dress.

Most of the rest of my day has been spent catching up on the men's figure skating videos. Now that Pluschenko is retired/disqualified/sitting in the stands, I have a few new favorites to share!

#7 Florent Amodio
- European Champion
- SP: Once Upon a Time in Mexico - Robert Rodriguez
- FS: Medley of Black Eyed Peas, Michael Jackson, Lisa Gerard, and Taio Cruz
- I've liked him since the Olympics last year
- He is Brazilian/French
- He completely broke the lyrics rule and got away with it


    #3 Artur Gachinski
    - Bronze Medalist in his first senior competition!
    - SP: Medley of Pink Floyd
    - FS: The Bolt - Dmitri Shostakovich
    - Finally, another beautiful Russian! And he's coached by Alexi Mishin (AKA Pluschenko's coach)

      #9 Richard Dornbush
      - Highest placing American (although the Americans did so bad this year they lost a spot in the 2012 worlds)
      - SP: Elena - Brian Setzer
      - FS: Sherlock Holmes soundtrack!
      - 2011 U.S. Silver Medalist
      - He's so adorable, he might just rival Johnny Weir as my favorite American skater

        #10 Javier Fernandez
        - One of three skaters who landed two quads!
        - SP: Histoire d'un amor and Nu Pogodi
        - FS: Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack!
        - He wore lime green, purple, and a bright pink bow tie for his SP
        - Look at those awesome pirate boot/skates :)
        - The first Spanish skater I've ever seen at this level

          No comments:

          Post a Comment