Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Wednesday

Things I Love
  • Smoking ban on campus next year = not dying of lung cancer! Yay!
  • Figure skating worlds are this week. I LOVE FIGURE SKATING. If I didn't have such bad ankles and such terrible balance on ice, I would definitely have taken it up ages ago. So instead I just watch. Or in this case, since they don't broadcast the competition on TV...I check the ISU results page every few hours and watch my favorites' performances on YouTube. Today was Day 1 - SP for the men. My French skater is #5 and there is a Russian in fourth!! Also, Pluschenko was in the audience. I am so jealous.
  • End of the semester! I have 2 more days of classes, not many more rows of stitches, forum responses, a puppet, and 6 exams left to do. Oh and packing. I love packing :)
Things I Don't So Much Love
  • Obama released another copy of his birth certificate. If I were him, I would have just accepted that a lot of people are really ignorant and/or really racist and couldn't care less how much proof there is that he was born in Hawai'i.
  • Floor meetings that we don't find out about until 6 hours before they're going to happen. I am so tired of these RAs. It's the end of the semester - I still have stuff to do tonight!
  • Figure skating not being on TV. Or costing $9.95 to watch live online. Half the fun (well, not really half, but that sounds better than 19%) of watching skating is not knowing who's going to fall or what they skate to or how they place. Sooooooo sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment