Saturday, May 25, 2013

At the Moment: May 25

WHAT I'M READING

The Great Pearl Heist by Molly Caldwell Crosby


Okay, I haven't technically started reading this yet, but it's the topmost book on my very high to-read pile from the library, so it's what I'll pick up next.

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin 


I'm finally to page 500! So...halfway done. This is the one series where I can actually read just one chapter and be done reading for the day. They're good books but it's terrible trying to finish one.

WHAT I'M DREADING

Job hunting. I have two weeks left of being employed (2 days at my preschool and a week doing VBS at my own church) and then hopefully I will be a nanny for a while before either teaching or being an au pair for the next year. But that means more interviews and more deciding what to apply for...which I hate very, very much.

WHAT I'M WATCHING

Howl's Moving Castle! (I got my sister to watch it with me last night. She hadn't ever seen it and I hadn't in a long time PLUS I finally read the book just a little while ago.)


Soon, the second seasons of Castle and The Borgias! The upside to not working is that you can watch hours and hours worth of episodes every day.


And eventually I will get to the theaters to see all the movies coming out this summer. But I'm going to have to wait on some of them because there are fifty bajillion sequels in the next few months and I do not have the money to pay $10 to see each of them. So hooray for the dollar theater!

WHAT I'M ENJOYING

Hanging out with all my family! Between Mother's Day, a 1st birthday party, my little sister's confirmation, and now Memorial Day weekend, I've decided this month is just family month. Not that I'm complaining.

I also got a bunch of Cold War and mob family related books and I'm hoping that reading those will make me actually want to work on writing my current favorite work-in-progress. We'll see.

So happy Memorial Day weekend to all of y'all! I'm having a very lovely 6 day weekend at the moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment