Monday, August 29, 2011

Progress!

I am quite happy to announce that I wrote today! A lot. Well, not a lot a lot. Relatively a lot. Some authors can crank out 3000+ words a day (although they may also be full time authors instead of full time students who are writing for fun, but whatever). I wrote two hundred something words today! Hooray! It doesn't seem like much now, but if I could do this every day, I'd be finished in like, nine or ten months.

The problem at the moment...well, there are actually two. The problems at the moment are that 1) I have no idea where this story is going and I'm only at the prologue and 2) the names are still eluding me.

I sat at my kitchen table this morning going through list after list, finding tons of names that I liked, but I'm still struggling with my main character (who will often be referred to as MC - I read too many author's blogs to not pick up all these handy abbreviations) and her mother. I have names that I really like for them separately, but they are almost identical.

And I just remembered another problem. Or maybe sub-problem. Cause of the problem? Anyway, whenever I try to brainstorm, thereby solving problem number one, I start thinking about my first MC, Kea (see, I said I would be using that!). She's so sneaky, trying to get me to write about her when I'm worried this story. I wonder what kind of stuff More Blessed MC (Delaney...or Dalanna...gah) will be going through and then I think of something to add to Kea's book. It's driving me crazy!

Still, I can post this for the first time! Official More Blessed Word Count: 262

No comments:

Post a Comment