Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hanging Out in Water Land

We got back from our family reunion today, and while it was an awesome trip, it is so lovely to be home. Especially considering that in two weeks I'll be moving in to my apartment and getting ready for the start of school. Woohoo!! (And no, that's not a sarcastic woohoo).

But anyway, family reunion! So once we left small town Wisconsin last Monday to meet up with my mom's side of the family in water park resort Wisconsin. Basically the same thing as Branson but way up north. If you weren't aware, I LOVE water parks!!! And also my family :) I went on a bunch of rides with my cousins and sister, hung out with everyone I hadn't seen in ages, including my adorable toddler cousins, and finally got to relax!

I forgot to take pictures, so I borrowed these from the Internet. The first is of the cabin we had, a short shuttle ride away from all the parks. Then, some of the water parks. They had several indoor and outdoor parks so it took two days to get (almost) all of the rides done. They were fun, although all of them seemed short compared to Hurricane Harbor's rides.

On our way home, we stopped at the House on the Rock, which is supposed to be really famous even though I'd never heard of it. This guy built this crazy house and kept adding all this stuff to it, rooms with giant carousels and a dollhouse collection and all sorts of crazy themes. We saw pictures of them in the museum on site, but didn't go on the tour that takes you into the cool places. Maybe I will have to go back to Wisconsin after all. Just not to boring little towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment