Sunday, July 24, 2011

Going to Cheese Land

Well, it is day 5 of our pre-family reunion trip to Wisconsin and I am exhausted! The first 3 days were mostly driving days, although we did stop at the City Museum in St. Louis. Yesterday we went to this beach in one town, then wandered around for a while and then went to another town where we had lunch and spent forever shopping and wandering again.

They did have lots of cute painted fish everywhere, but I was so tired that I fell asleep in the car on our way back. Today, we did church, lunch, walking around a town, visiting a museum/ice cream shop, and stopping at a lighthouse, where I fell asleep in the car again.

This family really doesn't know how to have a relaxing vacation.
I also have some numbers I thought I'd share.
  • The number of states we've driven through: 5 (Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, and Wisconsin)
  • The age of our current hotel: 98
  • The number of tiny dead fish that can be seen on the pier: 53 1/2
  • The number of hours I've driven: 5 long hours
  • The height of the giant slide at the City Museum: 10 stories
  • The number of books I've read: 1 silly little book

Tomorrow we're leaving our sleepy little town and going to a hopefully super fabulous water park resort place with tons and tons of relatives! I am super excited and looking forward to sleeping in past 7:30. I don't know what the Internet situation will be like there so I braved the sketchiness of our little inn's wireless to show y'all these pictures. And I know you needed to hear about those tiny dead fish on the pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment