Friday, November 4, 2011

Sad Days and Fangirl Moments

We're already four days into November. How is my first NaNoWriMo going, you ask?

Ha. Hahaha. Sob.

I've written 200ish words on a short story. Nothing so far on More Blessed. Hopefully that will be fixed shortly.

I've just felt completely exhausted all week and don't want to do anything other than lie in bed all day and read pointless stuff online. (I did get two books read, at least). I put equal blame on the mean wintery weather and the past couple of weeks of school. I'm cold, tired, grumpy and craving junk food. Not a good combination for writerly inspiration.

I realize this is not a very uplifting post. Sorry. To make it up to y'all - now for something completely different!

If you know me at all, you know that my role model/favoritest actress ever is the brilliant Angelina Jolie. I love seeing pictures of Angelina with her freaking adorable kids or looking hot on red carpets or being an amazing humanitarian, but I miss seeing her in movies. I happened to be reading through her IMDB page today (ever heard of In the Land of Blood and Honey? It has a December U.S. release!!) and something fabulous caught my eye.


OMGOMGOMGOMG.

THEY'RE MAKING A SALT 2!!!

ONLY 2 MORE YEARS UNTIL I CAN SEE MALEFICENT!!!

(And Cleopatra's pretty awesome too. And FDR. Or Teddy, if that's the Roosevelt they mean. But it's probably FDR - nobody liked Churchill when TR was in office, right?)

This woman is my hero. She gets to act in powerful movies and raise a beautiful multicultural family AND save a bunch of people's lives. I think I would faint if I ever got to meet her. I had a dream that she came to the orphanage school I ran for a tour and we became best friends. Also, the twins were born on my 17th birthday. So yes, I am not ashamed to admit that I am probably her biggest fan.

Official More Blessed Word Count: 9,289

No comments:

Post a Comment